Believing in the enormous potential of young people as agents of change, Associação Salvador develops several awareness-raising actions in schools.
Because we believe that awareness should start early in order to promote an attitude of respect for differences, these actions are targeted at all age groups, from pre-school to higher education, and aim to address the issue of disability, the importance of inclusion and the creation of equal opportunities, as well as the prevention of accidents and risky behavior.
Thus, we present the following proposal of activities to be developed:
Pre-school, 1st and 2nd grade
PUPPET THEATER: “ A Casa da Árvore” – inclusion in our hands
The puppet theater, with characters and contexts allusive to the theme of motor disability, inclusion, appreciation of difference, respect, promotes and defends universal rights and exemplifies the power that each one has to generate change in the world.
Each show can be attended by a maximum of 60 children and lasts 30 minutes of performance and 10 minutes for group reflection and consolidation of content.
“SCHOOL OF ALL FOR ALL!” – Recreational Session
Based on a story, the activity aims to raise children’s awareness about the inclusion of people with motor disabilities, through playful and interactive dynamics.
Each activity lasts 1 hour, which can be attended by one group/class. Available in Portuguese and English.
Initiative developed by Associação Salvador, in partnership with A PAR, which promotes the possibility of promoting awareness among the little ones on the theme of inclusion of people with motor disabilities.
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade
PEDDY PAPER:Walk to survey the accessibility of public spaces
The route of the “Peddy Paper” will be indicated in a guide with challenges that will lead the youngsters to classify public spaces of different types (gardens, commerce, services, etc.), regarding their accessibility conditions.
It can be played by groups of up to 30 children in the surroundings of the school. This activity begins with a 10-minute initial presentation, 50 minutes of play, and 10 minutes for final reflection and consolidation of content.
3rd cycle and high school
LECTURES:First person testimonies on the themes of Motor Disability, Road Safety, Adapted Sports and Overcoming Challenges
People with motor disabilities volunteer for a lecture/conversation at school (or online), with the purpose of sharing their life stories, seeking to sensitize young people to the themes directly related to motor disabilities, and also with the possibility of responding to the themes and programs of each school, adapting the content of the lecture if necessary.
The lectures last 30 minutes of exposure and 10 to 20 minutes for questions, reflection and consolidation of content.
For questions, please send an e-mail to:
Sign up through the link: https://bit.ly/sensibilizacao-escolas-inscricao
Inclusion is in our hands and within everyone’s reach!
Another school year comes to an end, more schools, children, and teachers become aware of the issues related to motor disability and integration into society and life for all of us.
In this 2017/2018 school year, more than 20 “The Tree House” Puppet Theather shows were presented in 10 different schools. Mora than 2.900 kindergarten and elementary school children attended the teather
It was possible to raise awareness among more young people through the participation of some volunteers with motor disabilities, who were speakers in 7 lectures on road safety, adapted sports, and overcoming barriers and obstacles for more than 700 young people from high school and college.
We also had the opportunity to follow the BP Segurança ao Segundo contest for more than 100 young people from various locations around the country, where young people from 10th to 12th grade participated, creating mini-videos with the aim of raising awareness among other students and young people in the promotion and prevention of road safety.
We are already preparing the next school year with new activities!
For more information and registration, please visit our website or contact email@example.com
TOGETHER WE CHANGE MENTALITIES. THE FUTURE STARTS NOW!
For the school year 2013/2014 the Associação Salvador will promote in 8 educational establishments with 3rd cycle and / or high school in mainland Portugal, lectures on the themes of Integration of people with motor disabilities and accessibility that we call “Let’s create space for everyone. Lectures to go further in inclusion”.
The lecture will be given by a representative of the Associação Salvador who moves in a weelchair and has a remarkable life testimony. At the end of the lecture, a Guide for Inclusion and some materials that will enable the participants to follow up on the message of the lecture will be distributed.
The schools that have been selected to host the lectures in the 2013/2014 school year are:
- Santa Casa Da Misericordia de Aljubarrota – Aljubarrota
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Macedo de Cavleiros – Macedo de Cavaleiros
- Agrupamento de Escolas Joaquim de Araújo – Penafiel
- Externato Cooperativo da Benedita – Benedita
- Escola de Hotelaria e Turismo do Douro – Lamego
- Escola Profissional Gustave Eiffel do Lumiar – Lisbon
- Escola Secundária Jácome Ratton – Tomar
- Colégio Luso Internacional de Braga – Braga
For the school year 2012/2013 the Associação Salvador will promote in 19 educational establishments with 3rd cycle and / or high school in mainland Portugal, lectures on the themes of Integration of people with motor disabilities and accessibility that we call “Let’s create space for everyone. Lectures to go further in inclusion”.
The lecture will be given by a representative of the Associação Salvador who moves in a wheelchair and has a remarkable life testimony. At the end of the lecture a Guide to Inclusion and some materials that will enable the participants to follow up on the message of the lecture will be distributed.
The schools that have been selected to host the lectures in the 2012/2013 school year are:
- Escola Básica Dr. Francisco Cabrita
- Escola Externato das Escravas do Sagrado Coração de Jesus
- Escola Profissional da Serra da Estrela
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Mortágua
- Escola de Hotelaria e Turismo do Douro
- Escola Tecnológica e Profissional de Sicó, pólo de Alvaiázere
- Escola Profissional e Artística da Marinha Grande
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Carnaxide – Escola Secundária Camilo Castelo Branco – Sede de Agrupamento
- Escola Básica 2,3 Alexandre Herculano
- Escola Secundária de Penafiel
- Agrupamento de Escolas Lousada Norte
- Escola Básica dos 2º e 3º Ciclos Barbosa Du Bocage
- Escola Técnica Empresarial do Oeste
- Escola Básica 2 de Condeixa-a-Nova
- Agrupamento Vertical de Escolas Vale da Amoreira
- Escola Tecnológica Artística e Profissional de Pombal
- Agrupamento de Escolas Nuno Álvares
- Escola de Formação em Turismo de Aveiro
- Escola Secundária Pedro Alexandrino
For the 2011/2012 school year, the Associação Salvador invited all 3rd cycle and high school students to organize a project to raise awareness of motor disability in the surrounding community.
The Associação Salvador analyzed the various proposals received in the framework of three criteria: creativity, execution capacity and impact on the community.
The schools whose groups of students presented the best applications receive a lecture from the Associação Salvador, which aims to demystify the issue of disability, and will be given by Salvador Mendes de Almeida or another volunteer with motor disabilities with a similar life story.
The schools selected to be visited until the end of the 2011/2012 school year are:
- Agrupamento de Escolas do Marvão (April 11th)
- Escola Secundária Daniel Sampaio – Almada (April 12th)
- Escola Básica 2/3 Prof. Paula Nogueira – Olhão (April 20th)
- Agrupamento Vertical de Escolas de S. Bartolomeu de Messines (April 26ht)
- Escola Secundária com 3º ciclo Madeira Torres (April 27th)
- Escola EB2/3 Prof. Dr. Carlos Alberto – Santa Maria da Feira (May 10th)
- Escola EB2.3 da Corga de Lobão (May 11th)
- Agrupamento de Escolas Leonardo Coimbra – Lixa (May 22th)
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Penacova (May 23th)
- Agrupamento de Escolas D. João II – Caldas da Rainha (June 6th)
- Agrupamento de escolas Aver-o-mar (June 12th)
For the 2010/2011 school year, the students were challenged to develop an Awareness Advertising Campaign on the themes of Integration of People with Motor Disabilities and/or Accessibility, with the motto “If we all do our part, it is easier to help those in need”.
A jury composed by elements of the Associação Salvador and the MSTF Partners Advertising Agency decided that the winning project of the challenge launched to schools in the 2010/2011 school year was the campaign “It’s a chair that makes a difference?” from the Forte da Casa School Grouping held by students João Cabral, Rita Correia, Soraia Azinheira and Tiago Fernandes. This campaign will be worked by the advertising agency MSTF Partners and disseminated in various media.
Two Honorable Mentions were also awarded
- Raul Proença Secondary School (Caldas da Rainha) with the campaign “Don’t let the barriers in your mind become reality!” by the students Adriana Nunes, Ana Rita Carvalho, Denise Francisco, Inês Marques, Juliana Serrazina and Mariana Pereira.
- Caldas das Taipas Secondary School with the campaign “The entrance is forbidden to people with motor disabilities because this building does not have the minimum accessibility conditions!” held by students Eduarda Abreu, Celine Lucas, Daniela Antunes, Fernando Gama, Juliana Lobo, Rafael Fernandes and Sónia Silva.
The first 25 schools that sent us work in this area will also have the opportunity to receive during the 2nd and 3rd school periods a lecture from the Associação Salvador, given by Salvador Mendes de Almeida or another volunteer with motor disability with a similar life story, where besides being given a personal testimony, some theoretical content on the subject is also presented.
The 25 schools selected to be visited by the end of the 2010/2011 school year are:
- Escola Secundária Fernando Namora
- Escola Secundária Raul Proença das Caldas da Rainha
- Escola Secundária Mouzinho da Silveira
- Escola Secundária Dr. Francisco Fernandes Lopes
- Escola de Mira de Aire e Alvados
- Escola de Vieira de Leiria
- Escola Secundária Lima de Freitas
- Escola Secundária de Penafiel
- Escola Secundária Santa Maria Maior de Viana do Castelo
- Agrupamento José Relvas de Alpiarça
- Escola Secundária Carolina Michaelis
- Escola Gustave Eiffel
- Escola Secundária de Sá da Bandeira
- Escola de Sobreira
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Mora
- Colégio Infante Santo
- EB 2,3 Prof. Mendes dos Remédios
- Agrupamento Monsenhor Miguel de Oliveira
- Colégio Rainha D. Leonor
- Agrupamento Vertical de Esc. D. Afonso Henriques
- Escola Secundária Júlio Dinis de Ovar
- Escola Secundária Caldas das Taipas
- Escola Secundária Quinta das Palmeiras
- Escola Secundária Soares Basto
- Agrupamento de Escolas do Forte da Casa Sensibilização em Escolas
School Year 2011/2012 – Information to be available in September 2011
In the framework of the Project “Sensitization in Schools”, in the academic year 2009-2010, the Associação Salvador challenged the country’s high schools to carry out projects on Road Safety, Accessibility or Disability. From the applications received, the Associação Salvador decided to distinguish the following projects:
1st Prize – Best Project
“Ser Mais”, Escola Oficinas de São José (awarded with a Continente gift certificate of one thousand euros)
“The Pedestrians”, Escola Profissional do Montijo
The schools that sent projects to the Associação Salvador were contemplated with the visit of a representative of the Associação Salvador to give a lecture on road safety, accessibility and motor disability. The lectures were given by Bruno Lopes, David Moreira, Filipe Nascimento, Luís Magalhães, Marta Canário and Salvador Mendes de Almeida, all motor disabled, who volunteered to give their testimonies to the schools’ students. The Associação Salvador visited 14 High Schools, having contacted approximately 3000 students.
Filipe Nascimento visits Escola Secundária de Albufeira
Salvador Mendes de Almeida visits Escola Salesiana de Manique
Salvador Mendes de Almeida visits Escola Secundária de Mem Martins
Salvador Mendes de Almeida visits Escola Profissional do Montijo
Bruno Lopes visits Escola Secundária Dr. Augusto César da Silva Ferreira, in Rio Maior
Salvador Mendes de Almeida visits Escola Secundária Gago Coutinho, in Alverca
Salvador Mendes de Almeida visits the Oficinas de São José, in Lisbon
Marta Canário visits Escola Secundária Manuel Carvaleiro, inFogueteiro
Luís Magalhães visits Escola Secundária de Fafe
Bruno Lopes visits Escola Secundária Dr. Ginestal Machado, in Santarém
Filipe Nascimento visits Escola Profissional de Odemira
Salvador Mendes de Almeida visits Escola Secundária de Viriato
David Moreira visits Escola Básica e Secundária entre Arga e Lima, in Viana do Castelo
Setembro de 2010
David Moreira visits Escola Secundária de Arouca